Pages

Sunday, 7 May 2017

Sunshine and Pineapples

Oh my where has the time gone, it's May already! At least that means summer is on its way and to bring the sunshine here a little sooner, I have been using lots of yellow in my crochet. In fact at the moment you could say I'm a little bit crazy about yellow. I'm currently working on a bright yellow sunshine cushion and have been extra busy making pineapple garlands for my etsy shop.


I mentioned in an earlier post that I was lucky to have been asked to collaborate with We Are Knitters this year and they very kindly sent me 8 balls of the most gorgeous honey coloured yarn to make a throw. The yarn is super soft and super squishy thick Peruvian wool and and I'm sure it wont be a surprise when I say I was inspired by sunshine and pineapples when I made this throw.


If you'd like to make one of your own, here is the pattern:

Pineapple Sunrise Throw

You will need:
15mm crochet hook (or the size appropriate for your yarn/tension)
Eight 200g balls of The Wool in Honey

Abbreviations: (UK terms)
ch - chain,
dc - double crochet,
tr - treble crochet

Finished size: width 115cm length 155cm (there are two rows to the pattern and the width of the blanket can be adjusted by reducing or increasing the number of chain by 6 or multiples of 6)

Ch 64
Row 1 2tr in 4th ch from hook, miss 2 ch, dc, * miss 2 ch, 5tr, miss 2 ch, dc, repeat from * to last 3 ch, miss 2 ch, 3tr in last ch, ch1, turn.
Row 2 Dc in first tr, *ch1, miss 2tr, in dc on previous row work (1tr, ch1, 1tr), ch1, miss 2tr, dc in 3rd tr, repeat from * to end, turn.
Row 3 Ch 3 (counts as first tr), 2tr into dc, * miss 1 ch, dc in ch space between next 2 tr, miss 1 ch, 5tr into dc, repeat from * to end, working 3tr into final dc rather than 5tr, ch1, turn.
Repeat rows 2 & 3 until you reach the desired length, ending on row 3 and leaving off final ch1.
I worked 43 rows in total
Fasten off and weave in any ends.












I would love to see your makes, tag me on Instagram

Thanks Flo and Dot






No comments:

Post a Comment